There’s just something mystical about this small island in the North Atlantic. It will make you want to go back. Icleand is a short flight away from both North America and Europe, and makes for a great destination for a quick getaway.
Iceland is weird and wonderful. Here are some facts about Iceland:
- It’s close to the size of Ohio, and the majority of the population believes in elves!
- The Icelandic language is almost the same as ancient Norse, meaning they can still easily read texts that are over 1000 years old!
- There are no McDonald´s restaurants anywhere in Iceland.
- Iceland banned strip clubs in 2010.
- The Icelandic police don´t carry guns, and violent crime is practically nonexistent.